SAY YOUR PIECE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pics, videos, voice recordings, or it didn't happen

5 posters

Go down

Pics, videos, voice recordings, or it didn't happen Empty Pics, videos, voice recordings, or it didn't happen

Post  The Gruff Fellow Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:21 pm

I work at a country club and there is rumours of ghostly activity, there was originally one ghost, which was seen by children in the nursery as a middle ages man hanging, but all kinds of stuff has been coming up.
There's been the disabled bathroom emergency alarm going off for no reason, things moving about of their own accord, voices have been heard by multiple members of staff, a receptionist saw a pair of feet walking along the foyer, and a man seen sitting in the weights area.
Also a photo but I debunked that as wavy glass distorting an image, you're welcome!
this is all compelling at first hearing, but I had a think and the sightings are too different in my opinion.
As a general rule, a ghost is a person, a mist, a sphere or merely a presence, not all of the above.
If everyone had seen the same thing, it'd be believable.
The odds of one ghost in an old country club are low, the odds of many ghosts is completely ridiculous.
If anyone thinks they have compelling evidence, please feel free to post pictures, or stories, or videos or voice recordings.
It'll be interesting for everyone to interpret the voice recordings and see if we can all agree on what is going on.
The Gruff Fellow
The Gruff Fellow

Back to top Go down

Pics, videos, voice recordings, or it didn't happen Empty Re: Pics, videos, voice recordings, or it didn't happen

Post  Admin Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:31 pm

The Gruff Fellow wrote:I work at a country club and there is rumours of ghostly activity, there was originally one ghost, which was seen by children in the nursery as a middle ages man hanging, but all kinds of stuff has been coming up.
There's been the disabled bathroom emergency alarm going off for no reason, things moving about of their own accord, voices have been heard by multiple members of staff, a receptionist saw a pair of feet walking along the foyer, and a man seen sitting in the weights area.
Also a photo but I debunked that as wavy glass distorting an image, you're welcome!
this is all compelling at first hearing, but I had a think and the sightings are too different in my opinion.
As a general rule, a ghost is a person, a mist, a sphere or merely a presence, not all of the above.
If everyone had seen the same thing, it'd be believable.
The odds of one ghost in an old country club are low, the odds of many ghosts is completely ridiculous.
If anyone thinks they have compelling evidence, please feel free to post pictures, or stories, or videos or voice recordings.
It'll be interesting for everyone to interpret the voice recordings and see if we can all agree on what is going on.

I have noticed Ghosts can be a bit like Chinese whispers one becomes two becomes frequent becomes haunted, I have also noticed once one person mentions it more people see it or feel weird, so I am not totally convinced they exist.

Admin
Admin

https://sayyourpiece.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Pics, videos, voice recordings, or it didn't happen Empty Re: Pics, videos, voice recordings, or it didn't happen

Post  LoveLoveLove Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:56 pm

i went to boarding school and the head teachers husbands ghost used to walk the corridors at night, we could see him walking down the corridor and stopping at each room , also in the top of the house which was an old Victorian house there was a sewing room where we used to learn how to sew Suspect , we would watch the end door window and see his ghost walk past his grey hair prominant and we used to leg it down to our rooms scared to death affraid
LoveLoveLove
LoveLoveLove

Back to top Go down

Post  The Gruff Fellow Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:34 pm

LoveLoveLove wrote:i went to boarding school and the head teachers husbands ghost used to walk the corridors at night, we could see him walking down the corridor and stopping at each room , also in the top of the house which was an old Victorian house there was a sewing room where we used to learn how to sew Suspect , we would watch the end door window and see his ghost walk past his grey hair prominant and we used to leg it down to our rooms scared to death affraid

That's some scary stuff, I find it amusing that people think that modern technology can picture specters and ghosts.
It's not uncommon for a ghost to haunt just one person though. So maybe sometimes only one person can see it.
I've had plentiful ghostly encounters, so I'm convinced, which makes me more skeptical when everyone else thinks there's one and I'm the only one who hasn't seen/heard/felt it
The Gruff Fellow
The Gruff Fellow

Back to top Go down

Post  honestguv Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:52 pm

The Gruff Fellow wrote:
LoveLoveLove wrote:i went to boarding school and the head teachers husbands ghost used to walk the corridors at night, we could see him walking down the corridor and stopping at each room , also in the top of the house which was an old Victorian house there was a sewing room where we used to learn how to sew Suspect , we would watch the end door window and see his ghost walk past his grey hair prominant and we used to leg it down to our rooms scared to death affraid

That's some scary stuff, I find it amusing that people think that modern technology can picture specters and ghosts.
It's not uncommon for a ghost to haunt just one person though. So maybe sometimes only one person can see it.
I've had plentiful ghostly encounters, so I'm convinced, which makes me more skeptical when everyone else thinks there's one and I'm the only one who hasn't seen/heard/felt it

does it seem to be linked with older buildings?
honestguv
honestguv

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:06 am

honestguv wrote:
The Gruff Fellow wrote:

does it seem to be linked with older buildings?

I have noticed that older buildings get more mention..lol

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveLoveLove Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:33 am

it does i agree , maybe more lost souls in old buildings
LoveLoveLove
LoveLoveLove

Back to top Go down

Pics, videos, voice recordings, or it didn't happen Empty they say

Post  SYLUS Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:10 am

all buildings have ghosts as buildings are living things the take it parts of the people who live in the old building espeshley as they was made from stones and rocks and they can absore a lots

thats why people hear voices and even some times she peaces of the past like walking in to a room

it just take a tragic even in a building to triger the event

i am a great belever in all things unxplaine and paranormal i have many books on the subject

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewarticle.php?id=32
SYLUS
SYLUS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006q2x0

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:16 am

sylus wrote:all buildings have ghosts as buildings are living things the take it parts of the people who live in the old building espeshley as they was made from stones and rocks and they can absore a lots

thats why people hear voices and even some times she peaces of the past like walking in to a room

it just take a tragic even in a building to triger the event

i am a great belever in all things unxplaine and paranormal i have many books on the subject

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewarticle.php?id=32

I do believe tragic events do leave an effect on a place and the more tragic the darker the effect it leaves.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SYLUS Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:19 am

Admin wrote:I do believe tragic events do leave an effect on a place and the more tragic the darker the effect it leaves.

that is just as i was saying the age old thing pologisete film from years ago was based on a true story
SYLUS
SYLUS

Back to top Go down

Post  honestguv Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:21 am

sylus wrote:
Admin wrote:I do believe tragic events do leave an effect on a place and the more tragic the darker the effect it leaves.

that is just as i was saying the age old thing pologisete film from years ago was based on a true story

the problem with based on a true story is they drag it out of all proportion in my opinion but weird stuff does seem to happen.
honestguv
honestguv

Back to top Go down

Post  SYLUS Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:28 am

the best true ghost story of them all is the

The Amityville Horror

take a look

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amityville_Horror
SYLUS
SYLUS

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveLoveLove Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:53 am

sylus wrote:the best true ghost story of them all is the

The Amityville Horror

take a look

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amityville_Horror

I remember watching that film it scared me so much i couldn't sleep for weeks Sad
LoveLoveLove
LoveLoveLove

Back to top Go down

Post  SYLUS Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:55 am

i have read the true story and it as 1000 times worse than the film
SYLUS
SYLUS

Back to top Go down

Post  honestguv Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:00 am

sylus wrote:i have read the true story and it as 1000 times worse than the film

Fact is often stranger than fiction though.
honestguv
honestguv

Back to top Go down

Post  SYLUS Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:15 am

so so true
SYLUS
SYLUS

Back to top Go down

Post  The Gruff Fellow Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:21 pm

honestguv wrote:
sylus wrote:i have read the true story and it as 1000 times worse than the film

Fact is often stranger than fiction though.

Very true. I honestly think that ghosts do exist, but I'm not sold that the place I mentioned before is home to ghosts.

Anybody seen Paranormal Activity1/2/3? I saw the first two and they're pretty good, not very scary though, there are no jump scares at all, you can see them coming a mile off.

I think a lot of ghost stories get exaggerated, a slight noise, becomes a voice, which becomes a conversation, which becomes something telling you to leap out of the window.

Maybe the presence of ghosts messes with the human mind, who knows.

Did anyone see the Derren Brown thing on ghosts were he went to America and saw that guy who claimed to have proof of ghosts, it was very interesting http://www.channel4.com/programmes/derren-brown-investigates/episode-guide/series-12/episode-1
It is well worth a watch, and without trying to sound judgmental, the guy is a right loon
The Gruff Fellow
The Gruff Fellow

Back to top Go down

Post  SYLUS Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:18 pm

i dont know if i am gonna sound crazy as i am not but i have had a ghostly experience myself many years ago now

me and my grandad was walking thought weelsby woods in grimsby and it was the middle of summer so it was really really hot we was walking down a treil when we got to a bit of a hill and it when as cold as ice i felt like it was middle of winter not middle of summer my hands went blue it was that cold we walked down the other side and it was hot again it was really wiard i ask my grandad what had happened he said he thinks it was the old viking berial mound that we had walked over it was really wierd

also my grandad was in bed one night and he see one of his old ww2 army friend at th end of his bed he did not beleve in ghosts but it sceard the life out of him for weeks after
SYLUS
SYLUS

Back to top Go down

Post  The Gruff Fellow Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:25 am

SYLUS wrote:i dont know if i am gonna sound crazy as i am not but i have had a ghostly experience myself many years ago now

me and my grandad was walking thought weelsby woods in grimsby and it was the middle of summer so it was really really hot we was walking down a treil when we got to a bit of a hill and it when as cold as ice i felt like it was middle of winter not middle of summer my hands went blue it was that cold we walked down the other side and it was hot again it was really wiard i ask my grandad what had happened he said he thinks it was the old viking berial mound that we had walked over it was really wierd

also my grandad was in bed one night and he see one of his old ww2 army friend at th end of his bed he did not beleve in ghosts but it sceard the life out of him for weeks after

Weird as hell. Old woods are shrouded with mystery.
I remember my parents telling me that they were driving along a country road at night one time and saw this fella in a dark hoodie and jeans who was trying to hitch a ride, my dad wanted to stop but my mum didn't, so they didn't. A few miles down the road they saw another man in a dark hoodie and jeans hitching a ride. Two men dressed similarly can happen, but the same happened down the road, and then again after that. Now my parents are Christians, and they are convinced this happened. Ordinarily Christians don't acknowledge the existence of ghosts, but this was very real to them.
The Gruff Fellow
The Gruff Fellow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum