SAY YOUR PIECE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

believe in God or not ?

+2
honestguv
LoveLoveLove
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

believe in God or not ? Empty believe in God or not ?

Post  LoveLoveLove Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:43 am

personally i do believe and can't imagine not being a believer now. i don't go to church as i feel the bible is not being taught properly i would rather read my bible and know that what i have read is not being changed by someone telling me what they think it means. Strange i know but its just me Very Happy

If you don't believe is there a reason why ?
LoveLoveLove
LoveLoveLove

Back to top Go down

believe in God or not ? Empty Re: believe in God or not ?

Post  honestguv Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:26 am

LoveLoveLove wrote:personally i do believe and can't imagine not being a believer now. i don't go to church as i feel the bible is not being taught properly i would rather read my bible and know that what i have read is not being changed by someone telling me what they think it means. Strange i know but its just me Very Happy

If you don't believe is there a reason why ?

My nana believed, she was a regular church goer then the vicar was caught having an affair and it stopped her going to church, she said a vicar should know how to behave.
honestguv
honestguv

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveLoveLove Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:18 am

affraid oh no that's not good is it, so does she still believe ?
LoveLoveLove
LoveLoveLove

Back to top Go down

Post  honestguv Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:28 am

LoveLoveLove wrote: affraid oh no that's not good is it, so does she still believe ?

yeah but she hasn't been back to church.
honestguv
honestguv

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveLoveLove Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:27 am

well that's good then glad to hear it .
There are lots of christian channels on sky to watch .
LoveLoveLove
LoveLoveLove

Back to top Go down

Post  InsanityX Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:01 am

I'm not a believer. I just never really found any of it convincing, even from an early age.

InsanityX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:03 am

InsanityX wrote:I'm not a believer. I just never really found any of it convincing, even from an early age.

I know what you mean it all seems a bit far fetched especially some of the religions.lol

Admin
Admin

https://sayyourpiece.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  honestguv Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:06 am

InsanityX wrote:I'm not a believer. I just never really found any of it convincing, even from an early age.

Religious education was a joke in my school everyone just messed about, it wasn't even considered a real lesson at all.. lol!
honestguv
honestguv

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveLoveLove Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:08 am

i am a believer and i can understand how non believer are not convinced , there are some Christians who see miracle after miracle and have faith that can move mountains, then there are Christians who pray for miracles and don't see any but still have faith regardless .
It's strange how some see miracles and some don't .
LoveLoveLove
LoveLoveLove

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveLoveLove Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:09 am

honestguv wrote:

Religious education was a joke in my school everyone just messed about, it wasn't even considered a real lesson at all.. lol!

bad boy delboy you should have paid attention study lol!
LoveLoveLove
LoveLoveLove

Back to top Go down

Post  InsanityX Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:17 am

We had compulsory prayer in my primary school which was awful. I liked Religious Studies though. I even carried it on for 2 years at the end of secondary school and then for 2 years at college. I still read up on them now bible app and Christopher Hitchens God Is Not Great audiobook on my iPhone. I tried reading the Qur'an but got bored.

InsanityX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:22 am

InsanityX wrote:We had compulsory prayer in my primary school which was awful. I liked Religious Studies though. I even carried it on for 2 years at the end of secondary school and then for 2 years at college. I still read up on them now bible app and Christopher Hitchens God Is Not Great audiobook on my iPhone. I tried reading the Qur'an but got bored.

I don't think anyone should be made to pray, I have only ever read bits of the Quran it seems like a giant what to do list, if you know what I mean.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveLoveLove Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:23 am

InsanityX wrote:We had compulsory prayer in my primary school which was awful. I liked Religious Studies though. I even carried it on for 2 years at the end of secondary school and then for 2 years at college. I still read up on them now bible app and Christopher Hitchens God Is Not Great audiobook on my iPhone. I tried reading the Qur'an but got bored.

LOL in assembly i remembere having to pray and sing hymns , i always got sent out because i couldn't stop laughing at the choir master who looked a right pillock . lol!
LoveLoveLove
LoveLoveLove

Back to top Go down

Post  InsanityX Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:27 am

Yeah we would get punished for not praying, singing or listening to bible stories. I'm cool with the stories. At least the stories were interesting but I used to get fed up having to talk to somebody I had already figured probably doesn't exist. The Qur'an just was too repetitive for me. I guess allah has a forgetful streak.

InsanityX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:34 am

InsanityX wrote:Yeah we would get punished for not praying, singing or listening to bible stories. I'm cool with the stories. At least the stories were interesting but I used to get fed up having to talk to somebody I had already figured probably doesn't exist. The Qur'an just was too repetitive for me. I guess allah has a forgetful streak.

I'm surprised if anyone from your school believes if they were treat like that, If God isn't real to you no one can force that belief on to you.
yeah the quran says the same thing ten different ways, maybe muhammed was a bit deaf..

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveLoveLove Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:42 am

mohamed was a bit daft not deaf lol!
LoveLoveLove
LoveLoveLove

Back to top Go down

Post  InsanityX Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:44 am

lol, he wasn't the brightest of sparks but he was pretty good at war.

InsanityX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:46 am

InsanityX wrote:lol, he wasn't the brightest of sparks but he was pretty good at war.

lol! that's true and making rules for others that didn't apply to him. lol!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveLoveLove Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:47 am

ha ha indeed insanityx , but as the christians love Jesus i guess the muslims love mo afro
LoveLoveLove
LoveLoveLove

Back to top Go down

Post  InsanityX Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:55 am

Guy was clever managed to convince a huge amount of people that he wasn't just making it all up. Even with his repetitive book.

InsanityX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:01 am

InsanityX wrote:Guy was clever managed to convince a huge amount of people that he wasn't just making it all up. Even with his repetitive book.

he did start being a bandit and sharing the spoils so that probably helped make converts.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  InsanityX Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:21 am

Good way of convincing people I guess.

InsanityX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:23 am

InsanityX wrote:Good way of convincing people I guess.

I can see the wisdom behind it. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SYLUS Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:29 am

ok a personal question from me....

here it is sorry it maybe a little upsetting for ppl and i am sorry just i want to see what ppl think

i was a strong belever in god for many years i even when i was younger was in the church quier and carryed the cross..... so yes i beleved there is a god

but i started to loose my faith when in march last year my wife to be had our baby at the time we did not know if she was a boy or girl but on march 23 2012 we was told she had no heart beat she was stillborn on sunday the 25th.....

it was so hard after that to beleve that god esisted as why would he take my little girl away when she never even took her first breath i prayed from the friday all day and the saturday but still on the sunday she was stillborn if god was this powerful being that can bring jesus back to like why does he let children like my little girl die and kids who only live a few days

thats my question and every time i ask a vicor or a preast they can not answer as they do not know
SYLUS
SYLUS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006q2x0

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveLoveLove Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:12 am

Hi sylus, thats so tragic and the only thing i can think of why your precious little girl was stillborn is that maybe something was wrong with her and she would have suffered too much had bee born alive, there are babies that are born with heart defects and suffer operation after operation to keep them alive and have no quality of life .
I don't know how God works but i do believe he knows the whole picture so maybe he didn't want to put you and your future wife and baby girl through all that pain, and i know it is painful losing your baby girl as there is nothing more painful that the death of your own child, as Christians we need to know that in the bible it does say that it isn't God that brings about suffering it is the devil because all he wants to do is keep us focused on everything but God so he can win souls for himself.

I understand your question as to why God let your baby girl be stillborn , but maybe it is like i said that he didn't want her to suffer . It really is hard to accept that God never did anything to answer your prayers but its also one question that cannot be answered as to why God answers some prayers and not others . I do believe that your little baby girl is with Jesus now and that one day you and your wife will be reunited with her and that she is waiting for you both , so even though your finding it hard to believe because of what happened just be reassured that you can see her again when you get to heaven.

Bless you and i pray peace for you and your wife and pray that your hearts will be mended x
LoveLoveLove
LoveLoveLove

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum