SAY YOUR PIECE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evolution Is it a proven fact??

4 posters

Go down

Evolution Is it a proven fact?? Empty Evolution Is it a proven fact??

Post  Admin Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:49 am

or are there large holes in the theory?

Admin
Admin

https://sayyourpiece.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Evolution Is it a proven fact?? Empty Re: Evolution Is it a proven fact??

Post  honestguv Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:53 am

Admin wrote:or are there large holes in the theory?

I think it is the best theory we have at the moment and makes the most sense.
honestguv
honestguv

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveLoveLove Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:44 am

i think the universe was created , we were created we are too perfect to have evolved, and if we have evolved why are there still monkeys and apes ??
LoveLoveLove
LoveLoveLove

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:58 am

LoveLoveLove wrote:i think the universe was created , we were created we are too perfect to have evolved, and if we have evolved why are there still monkeys and apes ??

they have been looking for a missing link for quite some time now, don't know how much longer it could take..

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  honestguv Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:54 am

Admin wrote:
LoveLoveLove wrote:i think the universe was created , we were created we are too perfect to have evolved, and if we have evolved why are there still monkeys and apes ??

they have been looking for a missing link for quite some time now, don't know how much longer it could take..

But you can see animals have changed and adapted.
honestguv
honestguv

Back to top Go down

Post  InsanityX Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:10 am

Evolution is one of the most supported scientific theories there is. As for the idea of missing links are misrepresented as being large gaps in the fossil records. but the fossil records are extremely conclusive, there are a ton of transitional fossils. Also just look at things like antibiotic's which show evolution with super-bugs that have adapted to become resistant to most antibiotics.

InsanityX

Back to top Go down

Post  honestguv Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:18 am

InsanityX wrote:Evolution is one of the most supported scientific theories there is. As for the idea of missing links are misrepresented as being large gaps in the fossil records. but the fossil records are extremely conclusive, there are a ton of transitional fossils. Also just look at things like antibiotic's which show evolution with super-bugs that have adapted to become resistant to most antibiotics.

I agree you can see evolution/ adaption all over.
honestguv
honestguv

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:26 am

InsanityX wrote:Evolution is one of the most supported scientific theories there is. As for the idea of missing links are misrepresented as being large gaps in the fossil records. but the fossil records are extremely conclusive, there are a ton of transitional fossils. Also just look at things like antibiotic's which show evolution with super-bugs that have adapted to become resistant to most antibiotics.

I personally think there are holes in evolution, I think the fossil records are no where near as complete as they should be and we are especially lacking in transitional fossils and lets face it we never see animals in the world in a state of transition.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  InsanityX Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:43 am

I'm not sure how you mean not as full as they should be. It takes a pretty specific set of things to happen for fossils to be formed and still there is a clear gradual change in species throughout. Not that the fossil records are even the only evidence of evolution. We share about 98% of our DNA with chimpanzees and we have breed animals to pick the best traits over time. We also have morphology and vestigial limbs and organs in different species.

InsanityX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:51 am

InsanityX wrote:I'm not sure how you mean not as full as they should be. It takes a pretty specific set of things to happen for fossils to be formed and still there is a clear gradual change in species throughout. Not that the fossil records are even the only evidence of evolution. We share about 98% of our DNA with chimpanzees and we have breed animals to pick the best traits over time. We also have morphology and vestigial limbs and organs in different species.

I agree that fossils require a specific series of events to occur but if each species on earth had made billions of transitions surely we should see those a great deal, we share huge amounts of DNA with bananas but we are not remotely connected to those, could the similar limbs and appendages point to a common designer rather than evolution.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  InsanityX Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:58 am

An inept designer perhaps. Who would give a whale legs? May I ask what evidence you have of a designer? Also why would their be any transitional fossils if there were a designer?

InsanityX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:03 am

InsanityX wrote:An inept designer perhaps. Who would give a whale legs? May I ask what evidence you have of a designer? Also why would their be any transitional fossils if there were a designer?

the sheer complications of the human body to me cry out designer, when you consider the most rudimentary thing that works needs to be designed and manufactured.

transitional fossils could be clearly mistaken creatures or even creatures that bred and the offspring did not survive.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  InsanityX Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:23 am

I don't buy it. Evolution makes less assumptions. There are far too many transitional fossils for it to be a multitude of similar species.

InsanityX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:33 am

InsanityX wrote:I don't buy it. Evolution makes less assumptions. There are far too many transitional fossils for it to be a multitude of similar species.

I think evolution makes some huge assumptions such as positive mutations, driving mechanisms, why different sexes occurred.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  InsanityX Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:45 am

Admin wrote:

I think evolution makes some huge assumptions such as positive mutations, driving mechanisms, why different sexes occurred.

Positive mutation can be observed in antibiotic resistant bacteria for example or the entire immune system. However the assumption of a designer creating everything requires that we assume that a being exists that is able create a large group of living things without leaving evidence. Also we would be given the extra question of who or what created that being. I'm also interested on how you would explain that all the different transitional fossils are shown to have existed at different times and not all at the same time.

InsanityX

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:54 am

InsanityX wrote:
Admin wrote:

Positive mutation can be observed in antibiotic resistant bacteria for example or the entire immune system. However the assumption of a designer creating everything requires that we assume that a being exists that is able create a large group of living things without leaving evidence. Also we would be given the extra question of who or what created that being. I'm also interested on how you would explain that all the different transitional fossils are shown to have existed at different times and not all at the same time.

the immune system is reactive not changed by mutation, the bacteria that became resistant is actually intelligent design in a way as the constant controlled exposure led to the resistance.
Don't you see constant proof of a designer in the creations themselves and the setting the creations are found in, namely earth.

if all the transitional fossils are from all different times then that doesn't help demonstrate evoluton either as you would expect them to rub reasonably concurrently.
strange creatures could occur at any time by any mix of creatures, when they became fossils does not have to indicate when they were conceived.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum