SAY YOUR PIECE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cuts on benefits for those too fat..

5 posters

Go down

cuts on benefits for those too fat.. Empty cuts on benefits for those too fat..

Post  Admin Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Admin
Admin

https://sayyourpiece.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

cuts on benefits for those too fat.. Empty Re: cuts on benefits for those too fat..

Post  Admin Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:38 am

If people cannot decide for themselves to eat and stay healthy then the country needs to decide for them before they eat themselves so fat that it becomes a disability and a burden on the country.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

cuts on benefits for those too fat.. Empty Re: cuts on benefits for those too fat..

Post  Professor pat pending Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:41 am

Admin wrote:

If people cannot decide for themselves to eat and stay healthy then the country needs to decide for them before they eat themselves so fat that it becomes a disability and a burden on the country.

I'm not convinced it is that clear cut in every case, if they have menta problems that may cause the eating problem, though I fully agree that some do make themselves disabled by not controlling themselves.
Professor pat pending
Professor pat pending

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:34 am

Professor pat pending wrote:
Admin wrote:

I'm not convinced it is that clear cut in every case, if they have menta problems that may cause the eating problem, though I fully agree that some do make themselves disabled by not controlling themselves.

The facts are obesity is costing the NHS a fortune and something has to be done if some people cannot do that by themselves then a nudge in the right direction may be needed.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Professor pat pending Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:36 am

Admin wrote:
Professor pat pending wrote:

The facts are obesity is costing the NHS a fortune and something has to be done if some people cannot do that by themselves then a nudge in the right direction may be needed.

It would have to be done very carefully though.
Professor pat pending
Professor pat pending

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveLoveLove Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:25 pm

It's nothing to do with benefits claimants being overweight it is the greedy governement digging at yet another way to reap back some money from the poor .

If people want to be fat they should be left alone, if this gets through it is the start of us being monitored for what we eat drink and do .
Big brother soceity.

Its control and i don't like it one bit.
LoveLoveLove
LoveLoveLove

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 pm

LoveLoveLove wrote:It's nothing to do with benefits claimants being overweight it is the greedy governement digging at yet another way to reap back some money from the poor .

If people want to be fat they should be left alone, if this gets through it is the start of us being monitored for what we eat drink and do .
Big brother soceity.

Its control and i don't like it one bit.

I agree in some ways but people need to take responsibility for their own lives and not rely on the good will and resources of the state.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveLoveLove Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:13 pm

yes but everything is so expensive now so buying quality food is out of the question for poor people .

How about drug addicts and alcoholics, will they be having their benefits cut because they are abusing their health ?
LoveLoveLove
LoveLoveLove

Back to top Go down

Post  little miss curious Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:35 am

LoveLoveLove wrote:yes but everything is so expensive now so buying quality food is out of the question for poor people .

How about drug addicts and alcoholics, will they be having their benefits cut because they are abusing their health ?

hi , you have a good point there about drug addicts and alcoholics because i believe they receive an extra £10 a week to help fund their addiction, surely this is only encouraging them to make their addiction worse so if it is only aimed at people with weight problems then i would say it is discrimiation Shocked
little miss curious
little miss curious

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:36 am

LoveLoveLove wrote:yes but everything is so expensive now so buying quality food is out of the question for poor people .

oddly enough drug addicts and alcoholics get extra benefit to help them, which is not fair at all.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  honestguv Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:06 am

little miss curious wrote:

hi , you have a good point there about drug addicts and alcoholics because i believe they receive an extra £10 a week to help fund their addiction, surely this is only encouraging them to make their addiction worse so if it is only aimed at people with weight problems then i would say it is discrimiation Shocked

It does seem wrong, I must admit.
honestguv
honestguv

Back to top Go down

Post  little miss curious Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:24 pm

if it is going to work it has to be fair you can't pick on one and not another , a lot of people who are obese have emotional problems and really can't help what they are doing .
little miss curious
little miss curious

Back to top Go down

Post  LoveLoveLove Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:25 am

little miss curious wrote:if it is going to work it has to be fair you can't pick on one and not another , a lot of people who are obese have emotional problems and really can't help what they are doing .

agree , i don't know how they can pass this to be honest
LoveLoveLove
LoveLoveLove

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum