SAY YOUR PIECE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Genre of games?

5 posters

Go down

Favourite Genre of games? Empty Favourite Genre of games?

Post  The Gruff Fellow Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:13 pm

There isn't any conversation going on here so I thought I'd better kick it off with something nice and light.
What is your favourite Genre of game?
I personally have found out that I am a fan of the horror genre, I played through Amnesia: the dark descent, and it knocked my socks off, it is truly horrifying. After that I had to play Penumbra: overture, which is the game made by the same creators an uses a similar engine.
The only problem is that I don't have a gaming PC and most of the good horror titles are indie games for PC.

I also like classic titles such as the Mario games, Sonic the Hedgehog and even Tetris (70,233 is my high score, for the NES version, think you can beat it, go ahead and try, and don't forget, Pics or it didn't happen Very Happy)
And I also like popular FPS games, you know which one I'm talking about, on the latest one I'm 1st prestige, level 18, I think. Working up the gun ranks, currently rocking the first LMG, MK48, and kill confirmed is my current favourite game mode! What's your thoughts?
The Gruff Fellow
The Gruff Fellow

Back to top Go down

Favourite Genre of games? Empty Re: Favourite Genre of games?

Post  Admin Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:21 pm

The Gruff Fellow wrote:There isn't any conversation going on here so I thought I'd better kick it off with something nice and light.
I personally have found out that I am a fan of the horror genre, I played through Amnesia: the dark descent, and it knocked my socks off, it is truly horrifying. After that I had to play Penumbra: overture, which is the game made by the same creators an uses a similar engine.
The only problem is that I don't have a gaming PC and most of the good horror titles are indie games for PC.

I also like classic titles such as the Mario games, Sonic the Hedgehog and even Tetris (70,233 is my high score, for the NES version, think you can beat it, go ahead and try, and don't forget, Pics or it didn't happen Very Happy)
And I also like popular FPS games, you know which one I'm talking about, on the latest one I'm 1st prestige, level 18, I think. Working up the gun ranks, currently rocking the first LMG, MK48, and kill confirmed is my current favourite game mode! What's your thoughts?

I grew up on altered beast and the early titles for the sega mega drive at the time it was state of the art now you just think "state of that" lol though the nostalgia of the old games is still there.

Have you ever played any of the Shinobi titles?

Admin
Admin

https://sayyourpiece.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  The Gruff Fellow Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:34 pm

Admin wrote:
The Gruff Fellow wrote:There isn't any conversation going on here so I thought I'd better kick it off with something nice and light.

I grew up on altered beast and the early titles for the sega mega drive at the time it was state of the art now you just think "state of that" lol though the nostalgia of the old games is still there.

Yes, I played the original Shinobi title, it was on a three in one game for the Sega Megadrive (Genesis) with streets of rage and Golden Axe, all great games, but Shinobi was very difficult like most classic games, even with the Shurikan cheat is was still hard, but old games were, new games check point every two feet and give away achievements left right and centre, old games had none of that.
The Gruff Fellow
The Gruff Fellow

Back to top Go down

Post  honestguv Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:37 pm

The Gruff Fellow wrote:
Admin wrote:

Yes, I played the original Shinobi title, it was on a three in one game for the Sega Megadrive (Genesis) with streets of rage and Golden Axe, all great games, but Shinobi was very difficult like most classic games, even with the Shurikan cheat is was still hard, but old games were, new games check point every two feet and give away achievements left right and centre, old games had none of that.

Golden Axe was the first game I ever completed... lol! it was tough back then, now black op-s is more my game.
honestguv
honestguv

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:51 pm

first or third person shooters are my favourite, especially loved gears of war on the 360 excellent game.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  honestguv Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:40 am

Admin wrote:first or third person shooters are my favourite, especially loved gears of war on the 360 excellent game.

yep battlefield, great series of games bounce bounce
honestguv
honestguv

Back to top Go down

Post  InsanityX Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:47 am

I was sponsored by Scuf controllers to play CoD back in the day. I quit the series tho. I prefer games with a good story like Dragon Age: Origins, Skyrim and Fable. But I like to hop back onto games like BF3 every now and then to make nooblets cry.

InsanityX

Back to top Go down

Post  honestguv Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:53 am

InsanityX wrote:I was sponsored by Scuf controllers to play CoD back in the day. I quit the series tho. I prefer games with a good story like Dragon Age: Origins, Skyrim and Fable. But I like to hop back onto games like BF3 every now and then to make nooblets cry.

ahhh your the one whoo snuffs me out every minute and a bit. lol!
honestguv
honestguv

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:57 am

honestguv wrote:
InsanityX wrote:I was sponsored by Scuf controllers to play CoD back in the day. I quit the series tho. I prefer games with a good story like Dragon Age: Origins, Skyrim and Fable. But I like to hop back onto games like BF3 every now and then to make nooblets cry.

ahhh your the one whoo snuffs me out every minute and a bit. lol!

You sound like me, I'm running around dying and blasting fresh air, while my son kills everything that moves Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  InsanityX Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:26 am

What can I say, I have a gift of killing virtual people Razz

InsanityX

Back to top Go down

Post  The Gruff Fellow Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:30 am

Everyone loves Call of duty, there's something wholesome about running about killing people.
I love using the sniper rifles, I'm absolutely hopeless, but I've been known to get lucky, and the quick headshot through a car window whilst someone was sprinting is what it's all about
The Gruff Fellow
The Gruff Fellow

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:40 am

The Gruff Fellow wrote:Everyone loves Call of duty, there's something wholesome about running about killing people.
I love using the sniper rifles, I'm absolutely hopeless, but I've been known to get lucky, and the quick headshot through a car window whilst someone was sprinting is what it's all about

It doesn't sound wholesome but I know what you mean, i remember all the sniper shot kills they used to run on youtube from the game gears of war.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Gruff Fellow Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:18 am

Admin wrote:
The Gruff Fellow wrote:Everyone loves Call of duty, there's something wholesome about running about killing people.

It doesn't sound wholesome but I know what you mean, i remember all the sniper shot kills they used to run on youtube from the game gears of war.

Gears was ace, the problem is that the sniper rifle was a bit over powered with the one hit down with an active reload, and if they got too close you can just beat someone to death with it. lol

Boltok pistol FTW
The Gruff Fellow
The Gruff Fellow

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:34 am

The Gruff Fellow wrote:
Admin wrote:

Gears was ace, the problem is that the sniper rifle was a bit over powered with the one hit down with an active reload, and if they got too close you can just beat someone to death with it. lol

Boltok pistol FTW

I wasn't quick enough on the pistol to rapid fire effectively, I noticed many people pistol whipped with it very effectively.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SYLUS Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:18 am

COD COD COD COD COD
SYLUS
SYLUS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006q2x0

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:28 am

SYLUS wrote:COD COD COD COD COD

yep cod is a good game..... Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down