SAY YOUR PIECE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scariest games you've ever played.. also jump scares.

4 posters

Go down

Scariest games you've ever played.. also jump scares. Empty Scariest games you've ever played.. also jump scares.

Post  The Gruff Fellow Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:44 pm

I played a game a long time ago called condemned, for the xbox 360, and my lord, was that game scary as hell.
I wouldn't play it alone, it just freaked me out, on your own, armed with only a lead pipe, against the criminally insane, and a few mindf&%ks thrown in just to mix it up a little bit.

I thought that was the scariest thing ever, then I bough Amnesia: the dark descent, for PC, and it redefined what scary was.
If you're a fright fan, get it. You're defenseless in a big old castle full of nasty monsters, lots of puzzles, atmosphere, and of course, lots of scares.

Also!

Jump scares, you all know what they are, something jumping out and making a loud noise to make you jump out of your chair.

I like a good jump scare, but they're a bit cheap sometimes, and I think in movies more than games they're got rid of the need for something genuinely scary. Any thoughts?
The Gruff Fellow
The Gruff Fellow

Back to top Go down

Scariest games you've ever played.. also jump scares. Empty Re: Scariest games you've ever played.. also jump scares.

Post  Admin Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:54 pm

The Gruff Fellow wrote:I played a game a long time ago called condemned, for the xbox 360, and my lord, was that game scary as hell.
I wouldn't play it alone, it just freaked me out, on your own, armed with only a lead pipe, against the criminally insane, and a few mindf&%ks thrown in just to mix it up a little bit.

I thought that was the scariest thing ever, then I bough Amnesia: the dark descent, for PC, and it redefined what scary was.
If you're a fright fan, get it. You're defenseless in a big old castle full of nasty monsters, lots of puzzles, atmosphere, and of course, lots of scares.

Also!

Jump scares, you all know what they are, something jumping out and making a loud noise to make you jump out of your chair.

I like a good jump scare, but they're a bit cheap sometimes, and I think in movies more than games they're got rid of the need for something genuinely scary. Any thoughts?

My son used to play that game... lol!

everything happened about six feet away and it really was ultra creepy.

Admin
Admin

https://sayyourpiece.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Scariest games you've ever played.. also jump scares. Empty Re: Scariest games you've ever played.. also jump scares.

Post  honestguv Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:58 pm

I played one on the 360 it was very jumpy your arms could become snakes and track off on their own, it really was weird, can't remember the title though. affraid
honestguv
honestguv

Back to top Go down

Post  SYLUS Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:05 pm

try playing batman arckam city in 3d on ps3 thought a 3dtv in 1080p cos it makes you jump when you meet the leader of the leauge of shadows raz el gull as its like a fantasy and the would your in flips in 3d
SYLUS
SYLUS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006q2x0

Back to top Go down

Post  The Gruff Fellow Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:13 pm

SYLUS wrote:try playing batman arckam city in 3d on ps3 thought a 3dtv in 1080p cos it makes you jump when you meet the leader of the leauge of shadows raz el gull as its like a fantasy and the would your in flips in 3d

I don't like 3D, makes my eyes go funny. My brother had the latest sonic the hedgehog game were you switch from classic to new sonic, and it's just mayhem in 3D.
The Batman games do have a creepy undertone to them but I wouldn't class them as horror.
The Gruff Fellow
The Gruff Fellow

Back to top Go down

Post  The Gruff Fellow Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:15 pm

honestguv wrote:I played one on the 360 it was very jumpy your arms could become snakes and track off on their own, it really was weird, can't remember the title though. affraid

Did you do lots of heart devouring? Because that sounds like The Darkness, not the bad, the game haha
The Gruff Fellow
The Gruff Fellow

Back to top Go down

Post  honestguv Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:25 pm

The Gruff Fellow wrote:
honestguv wrote:I played one on the 360 it was very jumpy your arms could become snakes and track off on their own, it really was weird, can't remember the title though. affraid

Did you do lots of heart devouring? Because that sounds like The Darkness, not the bad, the game haha

Yeah it was like demons come out of you, i think it was called darkness, loads of really high pitched singing lol!
honestguv
honestguv

Back to top Go down

Post  The Gruff Fellow Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:43 am

I've noticed that a reoccurring theme with horror games is the loss of memory
The Gruff Fellow
The Gruff Fellow

Back to top Go down

Post  honestguv Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:45 am

The Gruff Fellow wrote:I've noticed that a reoccurring theme with horror games is the loss of memory

I can't remember that happening lol!
honestguv
honestguv

Back to top Go down

Post  SYLUS Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:25 am

best horror games are the silent hill games they are really cool
SYLUS
SYLUS

Back to top Go down

Post  The Gruff Fellow Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:16 am

SYLUS wrote:best horror games are the silent hill games they are really cool

I've never bothered with them, I love the Resident Evil games, but I wouldn't consider them pure horror
The Gruff Fellow
The Gruff Fellow

Back to top Go down

Post  SYLUS Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:17 am

i have played every silent hill game there was and is they are cool horror
SYLUS
SYLUS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down